Your character is your avatar in Shiltz, the world of Seal Online. You can customize your character in a few ways.
Create your character
There are seven different classes, each dedicated to be useful in parties. Which class a character has determines characteristic progressions, which class spells they learn, and more. Each character can also gain Fame by completing in game quests. More fame results in unlockable quests and fame required items.
For more information, see the article on class.
The classes are
Select your character's gender by selecting the male or female sign on the right-hand side of the screen. Gender does not have any effect on your characters in combat except for the appearance of the character. Some quests are different if you choose to be male or female. Gender plays an important part in couples. Only 2 characters of opposite sex can marry.
You can choose out of various unique hairstyles during character creation and buy more hair styles from the Hair Designer.
Each user will select a character name. When you choose a character name or otherwise create a label that can be seen by other players using the Games, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If YNK finds such a label to be offensive or improper, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the label and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the Games.
- In particular, you may not use any name:
- Belonging to another person with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation any other employee or agent of YNK.
- That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity.
- That belongs to a popular culture figure, celebrity, or media personality.
- That is, contains, or is substantially similar to a trademark or service mark, whether registered or not.
- Belonging to any religious figure or deity.
- Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or criminal activity.
- Comprised of partial or complete sentence (e.g., "Inyourface", "Welovebeef", etc).
- Comprised of gibberish (e.g., "Asdfasdf", "Jjxccm", "Hvlldrm").
- Referring to pop culture icons or personas (e.g. " "Britneyspears", "Austinpowers", "Batman").
- That utilizes "Leet" or "Dudespeak" (e.g., "Roflcopter", "xxnewbxx", "Roxxoryou").
- That incorporates titles. For purposes of this subsection, "titles" shall include without limitation 'rank' titles (e.g. "CorporalTed," or "GeneralVlad"), monarchistic or fantasy titles (e.g., "KingMike", "LordSanchez"), and religious titles (e.g., "ThePope," or "Reverend Al").
You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a "first" and "last" name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.